How to Find the Right Renovation Company
If you are looking to renovate your home, Singapore is teeming with potential contractors. So how do you identify the right company for you? You can do this by keeping in mind a few important points, doing thorough research, and asking potential contractors the right questions.
Whether it is something as simple as remodelling a kitchen or a complete overhaul, you need a trustworthy partner before you get down to actually remodelling your home. So, here are a few things to keep in mind so that you find the best renovation company.
Tips to Find the Right Renovation Company
- Look for companies that come with solid recommendations. This could be from your friends and family or online reviews. You can initially shortlist 10 or more renovation companies with the required knowledge and expertise. Then, you can narrow this down to the top five. You can ask those who have had recent renovations, search online, use social media, and so on. Another important thing to keep in mind is that good companies always have a portfolio available for you to take a look at and verify. This should be complemented with easily available basic information.
- Once you have identified potential renovation companies, verify their licensing and certifications. This is a necessary step to ensure that your renovation is safe and legal.
- Once you have decided on a few contractors, make sure you meet a representative. Go over important details like their timeline and budget. This will give you a fair idea about whether their work can fit into your budget and timetable. It also gives you time to account for potential delays, permits, and so on. These are quite common during a renovation, but the contractor should have the foresight to mention these potential delays beforehand so that you are well prepared.
- Double check the contract to ensure that everything is included, including
Materials to purchase
and so on. This will set rules for both parties, ensuring that both you and the company are under signed contract
- The last thing to do before you decide is to look at actual projects they have worked on. This gives you a rough idea about what their final project will look like. It should fit into the vision you have of what your home should look like after the remodelling.