Why are some Solid surface cheaper than the other?
In this chapter, we will empower you with the necessary knowledge you need to know so that you know what you are getting at a certain price you pay. In short, to prevent you from getting "scammed"
Solid surface counters
Acrylic-based vs Polyester-based surface counter
1. Greater tensile and flexural strength than polyester
2. Less visual depth than polyester
3. Acrylic surface can be "baked" to give you various curves
4. More expensive than Polyester
1. More brittle than Acrylic
2. More visual depth; glossy finish
3. Cheaper than Acrylic
All in all, the world of solid surfaces is slowly shifting from polyesters to acrylics; 80% of the market is now acrylic. So if you've decided on using solid surface for your counter-top, always know what you are getting for the price you pay!